City Of Diboll Volunteer Fire Department
The Diboll Fire Department was organized in September of 1938 to provide fire protection for the Southern Pine Lumber Company and the Community. The first fire truck was a converted log truck. It held a 250 GPM pump and a hose bed, which held about 1,000 feet of hose.
In 1964 the Diboll Volunteer Fire Department was incorporated into the City of Diboll. The name was changed to the City of Diboll Volunteer Fire Department. The City assumed the up keep of equipment. In 1966 the City built a new City Hall and Fire Department Complex to house the fire trucks. At that time the City purchased a new 1000 GPM Howe Pumper for fire protection.
The Fire Department today consists of our main station and two sub-stations. Our fleets of trucks include 3 – 1250 GPM pumpers, 2 tankers, 3 grass trucks, 1 command post, 2 support trucks and 1 rescue truck.
In 1984 the Fire Department started a First Responder Program to be of service to the Community with their medical emergencies. This group of volunteers consists of 10 state certified Emergency Medical Technicians and 1 Rescue Truck.
The Diboll Fire Department has 35 volunteer members, which include one Chief, an Assistant Chief, two Captains, one Public Relations Officer, one Safety Officer, one Treasurer, one Secretary and 27 Firefighters.
The Diboll Fire Department is committed to serving the Community and its residents.