Permit and Inspection Services
The Permit and Inspection Services Department is responsible for the enforcement of City and State codes related to public improvements, building fire and codes. Business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
All construction drawings and associated documents must be submitted to permitting staff with your permit application. They process and route the application to all appropriate personnel for official review. Once your project receives approval, you will be issued a permit for your project. After permit issuance, construction may begin on your project. During this phase, inspections are required to ensure that your project is in compliance with the approved plans and/or all rules and regulations governing construction.
To obtain a permit foward the following items to city staff in person at 400 Kenley, Diboll, TX 75941 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.:
- Completed permit application form. Download it here and complete all applicable items highlighted in yellow.
- Site plans, can be hard copy. A template for small remodels is available here here
- Digital set of construction plans. For new construction, please include all plans. Otherwise, a plan review fee will be charged for each plan submitted separately.
- Copies of building/electrical/plumbing licenses for all contractors
- Relevant fees. Permit fees can be found here. In addition, there is a $30 fee for each required inspection. If paying by credit card, please submit a completed authorization form for the charge.
Inspections are done on an appointment basis and you can request an inspection directly by calling our contractor, Curtis Dunn at 936-634-5872 OR 936-240-0533.
Not sure if you need a permit? Click here for more information.
To report violations of City codes or ordinances contact Code Enforcement at (936)829-4757 or submit a report online. Typical code violations are abandoned cars, weedy lots, and illegal dumping or improperly disposed trash.