Deferred Disposition

In general, persons charged with a moving traffic offense (other than No Insurance or No Drivers License) may request Deferred Disposition from the Municipal Court. You do not have to see the judge.

To be eligible for deferred disposition you:

  • Must not possess a CDL license (Commercial Drivers License);
  • Must not be charged with a violation occurring in a construction zone;
  • Must not have been issued a traffic offense in which an accident occurred.

The conditions of deferment shall be 90 days without conviction for a moving violation and payment of a fee.

Failure to strictly comply with the deferment order may result in revocation of the deferment and entry of a judgment of guilty and imposition of a fine and costs. Upon successful completion of deferred disposition, the charge will be dismissed.